Pamela Livingston's Discussions (26)

Discussions Replied To (10) Replies Latest Activity

"Web 2.0 can only go so far if there is no computer at home or easily accessible. So…"

Pamela Livingston replied Sep 5, 2007 to Panel Topic #10: How important is equitable access to technology, and do the tools of Web 2.0 change that?

2 Sep 27, 2007
Reply by Warren Apel

"Wearing my mom hat, I finally allowed my 15-year-old to get a Facebook. I've kept he…"

Pamela Livingston replied Sep 5, 2007 to Panel Topic #8: Publicly shared lives: how transparent should students lives be, and is it appropriate for students to be "clickable?"

2 Sep 5, 2007
Reply by Steve Hargadon

"There are of course Federal guidelines about filtering that have to be in place if a…"

Pamela Livingston replied Sep 5, 2007 to Panel Topic #7: The conflict between school security issues and the innovative technologies of Web 2.0

3 Sep 5, 2007
Reply by Steve Hargadon

"Okay, now here's a can of worms. Because it is partly about leadership but it's part…"

Pamela Livingston replied Sep 5, 2007 to Panel Topic #5: Technology decision-making in schools: The divide between IT and the classroom, and why is it so hard to implement new technologies in education?

7 Sep 13, 2007
Reply by GrahamH

"In my opinion, it's not fully changed yet, but it's coming. Already students are arr…"

Pamela Livingston replied Sep 5, 2007 to Panel Topic #4: Are the formal structures of education changing because of online learning, and what roles can Web 2.0 software play in those changes?

3 Dec 7, 2008
Reply by Scott

"It really does have to matter, yes. The book "Ender's Game" by Orson Scott Card was…"

Pamela Livingston replied Sep 5, 2007 to Panel Topic #3: Do we need to start teaching "digital citizenship?"

4 Sep 5, 2007
Reply by Steve Hargadon

"It is inevitable that this question arises because - so much of the Web 2.0 tools ar…"

Pamela Livingston replied Sep 5, 2007 to Panel Topic #6: How much commercialization should be allowed in the classroom and in the school?

4 Sep 18, 2007
Reply by Qvistar

"Web 2.0 would seem to be THE place to learn workplace skills, information fluency, a…"

Pamela Livingston replied Sep 5, 2007 to Panel Topic #2: Is Web 2.0 significant to future student achievement, workplace skills, information literacy, and digital citizenship?

1 Sep 5, 2007
Reply by Pamela Livingston

"Well, just jumping in with one thing that Web 2.0 does for teaching and learning - i…"

Pamela Livingston replied Sep 5, 2007 to Panel Topic #1: Is Web 2.0 a good fit for education?

11 Nov 28, 2007
Reply by Christina

"Mentoring sounds like the ideal place to put money as Anne stated below. As we are (…"

Pamela Livingston replied Sep 5, 2007 to Panel Topic #9: The training gap--professional development and rapid technological change. How do we train a huge workforce in skills that are just being understood?

4 Sep 7, 2007
Reply by Anne Fox

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service