All Discussions Tagged 'ELD' (17)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Does anyone know of any FREE typing sites out in cyberland?

I am so tired of seeing my ELLs slowly peck away at the keyboard one or two keys at a time.  They have no funds to buy typing software (or…

Started by Denise Stewart

24 Sep 23, 2013
Reply by Adam Fort

Twitter and Other Forms of Social Media in the High School Classroom

I have just been asked to do a staff training on using TWITTER in the classroom!  "Excited" doesn't come close to how I feel here:)  I will…

0 Dec 13, 2011

Any Ideas On Making Reading Intervention Classes Interesting for These Low Performing Students?

I will have two sections of reading intervention classes at the high school level next year.  These are kids scoring below and far below ba…

22 Nov 8, 2010
Reply by Denise Stewart

Has Anyone Used Blogs With Struggling English Language Learners With Success?

I am thinking about bringing Blogging into my class of high school ELLs (beginners and very weak intermediates).  My school has not met its…

0 Sep 15, 2010

Are there any online quizzes out there that help students identify themselves (or others) as being prejudiced?

I apologize for the long question.  I am about to start teaching my ELLs about the Civil Rights Movement.  Though none of them see themselv…

11 Sep 9, 2010
Reply by Jane Krauss

Need Ideas for Making Mixed Ability Classes Effective in Instructional Delivery

I just learned that I will be teaching a class with three different levels of English in it:  beginners, intermediates, advanced.  Each lev…

1 Aug 30, 2010
Reply by Taunia

Changing URL From YOUTUBE So I Can Use It In Class??????

I am losing my mind here.  I have great clips from YOUTUBE, but my district won't allow me to access the site.  As teachers, we have petiti…

26 Jul 17, 2010
Reply by Janet Barnstable

Budget Cuts and Drops in ELL Numbers Will Lead to Multi-Level Classes---I Need Some Advice Here, Please:)

Due to the dropping numbers of ELLs in California and in my district particularly, ELD classes will now be multi-level ones.  So my classes…

0 Jun 1, 2010

Mainstream Content Teachers With ELLs--How Can They Be Inspired To More Effectively Meet The Needs Of Their ELLs?

I just finished attending an inspiring Saturday workshop on meeting the needs of ELLs  in grades K-12 content classes (not ELD/ESL ones). …

3 May 24, 2010
Reply by Janine

Give me some great reasons to go to BRAZIL:)

Well, I have just received an invitation from People to People to join an Education Delegation to Brazil.  It is a welcome surprise needles…

1 Apr 19, 2010
Reply by Katy Scott

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service