All Discussions Tagged 'ESL' (56)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Need Some Math Support Sites for Mainstream Teachers of ESL Students

The algebra teachers at my school site have small numbers of ELLs in their classes, but the problem is not so much the language as it is th…

Started by Denise Stewart

6 Apr 12, 2010
Reply by Amanda Kenuam

Looking for Ways to Motivate ELLs to Use More Academic Language in Speaking and Writing.

As the year winds down, I look back on areas where I could have done more for my ELLs in their pursuit of English.  Their writing and readi…

4 Apr 11, 2010
Reply by Denise Stewart

Teacher's Materials Website

Hello, My name is Michael Kloran and I have a site of teaching materials for teachers and students in ESL courses. It is something I have…

Started by F Michael Kloran

15 Apr 1, 2010
Reply by F Michael Kloran

English Language Learners in the classroom

I am interested in ideas on how technology can be useful to support students who are using English as a second language. I am interested in…

Started by Helen Crompton

13 Mar 20, 2010
Reply by Grace Gorman

Need creative, out-of-the-box, zany ideas on teaching a unit on SURVIVAL to Intermediate ELLs:)

I am about to launch a unit on survival with my high school intermediates (kids who "sound" fluent, but struggle with reading and writing).…

9 Mar 17, 2010
Reply by John Altieri

Hello from TESOL 2008 in New York City!

I'm in NYC at the International Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) conference until Saturday morning. I'm just wond…

Started by Barry Bakin

2 Mar 13, 2010
Reply by Denise Stewart

Instructional Coach Seeks Advice On Encouraging Teachers To Modify Instructional Approaches With ELLs

I am an instructional coach for high school content teachers with ELLs in their classes.  Though I am a peer, some teachers are not open to…

0 Mar 7, 2010

Second Life and ELLs..How could this virtual world community encourage kids to speak English?

I just discovered Second Life from the Virtual World community in www.classroom20.com.  I have only just created an avatar and can't wait t…

0 Mar 5, 2010

TESOL SUDAN

TESOL SUDAN arranged for a ONEday Seminar,leading to the 1st TESOL SUDAN CONFERENCE 2010.In my BLOG,I made a quick preview of the theme of…

Started by Hind Sinada

0 Mar 5, 2010

ESL students who arrive without literacy in first language

Our biggest challenge here is helping students become readers and writers when they do not read or write in their first language. They have…

Started by Nancy Healy

14 Feb 24, 2010
Reply by Denise Stewart

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service