All Discussions Tagged 'Internet' (18)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Digital Citizenship: What Is It, and How Do You Teach It?

Your Name and Title: Dr. Lesley Farmer, Professor of Librarianship Organization Name: California State University Long Beach  Area of the W…

Started by Lesley Farmer

0 Mar 14, 2012

The Internet and Civic Engagement

Findings from a recent study shows that  students who use the Internet and participate in interest-drive online communities are more likely…

Started by Elizabeth Crawford

0 Mar 29, 2011

Web 2.0 course

I recently developed a course, Web 2.0 for the K12 Classroom, which I teach online through Lake Erie College. I teach blogging, podcasting,…

Started by Mark Barnes

31 Feb 7, 2011
Reply by David Dean

Role Based Internet Access. Enables Education and Protects Students.

Happy New Year everyone! We are finally making progress on Role Based Access Controls, RBAC for our internet filter! We meet today to discu…

Started by George Grachis

0 Jan 4, 2011

Imagining the Internet in the Year 2020

I have been reading the following:    Imagining the Internet   The links on this page lead to thousands of forecasts about the networked fu…

Started by Laurie Korte

4 Dec 10, 2010
Reply by Lisa Durff

Internet Routines

I'm interested in what routines people have established with regard to using the Internet. Are educators' routines different than our stude…

Started by Sam Moore

8 Jun 3, 2010
Reply by Sam Moore

RSS Feed for School Website

I am looking for the easiest way to set up a RSS feed for my news/communication/announcement page for my school's website. I would like to…

Started by Teresa Harper

4 Feb 22, 2010
Reply by Teresa Harper

Student Privacy

I am using Edublogs to create a class blog that links to student blogs this year. I am wondering if anyone can show me a Student Internet…

Started by Robert Barker

12 Nov 2, 2009
Reply by Sherry Ingram

Trading in Textbooks for e-books: How will the digital movement affect students and teachers?

As an avid reader I enjoy having physical copies of books and magazines, which made me take a step back when I read that Google is in the p…

Started by Kiwi Commons

0 Oct 27, 2009

What do kids really know?

I am aware there has been a great discussion on this topic. It is called "Are They Really Digital Natives?? But no one has visited/responde…

Started by Dr. Mary Ann Bell

7 Sep 7, 2009
Reply by Doug Valentine

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service