All Discussions Tagged 'assessment' (61)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Using Common Formative Assessments

We've just started to work in this area and I'm interested in any comments or suggestions people who have used them might have.

Started by Michael Madden

7 Apr 24, 2009
Reply by Ian Grove-Stephensen

Standards-based grading & student information systems

I'm in the midst of rolling out a more "standards-based" way of reporting grades to my high school math students and their parents. The iss…

Started by Matt Townsley

2 Apr 10, 2009
Reply by Matt Townsley

Giving up A's and B's for 4's and 3's - a good idea?

Standards-based grading makes the NY Times. Is this a good idea? How does technology/web 2.0 fit in?

Started by Matt Townsley

5 Mar 26, 2009
Reply by Matthew Allen

Technology Assessment for Schools, Leaders, Educators, Students

What are your recommendations for assessing technology from the lens of a school, leader, educator, and student? We are currently looking a…

Started by Lisa Nielsen

17 Feb 16, 2009
Reply by Dean Mantz

Assessment Case Study Idea

Note: The following is a shortened version of a post on the electric educator blog that I maintain. This year I have been using a student…

Started by John Sowash

5 Jan 26, 2009
Reply by Z. Stewart MacLean

Making Homework Meaningful

We have been having a discussion on our campus regarding the "meaningfulness" of homework. We all know that it is important for students to…

Started by David Cox

26 Jan 1, 2009
Reply by Mrs H.

Yacapaca hits 1,000,000 members

Yacapaca's one-millionth member signed up around 10:00 GMT this morning. Here's the full announcement. Thank you to all the Classroom 2.0…

Started by Ian Grove-Stephensen

1 Dec 12, 2008
Reply by Steve Hargadon

"Education Sector Report: Measuring Skills for the 21st Century"

"Education Sector Report: Measuring Skills for the 21st Century" An excellent review of current best practices in assessment. From the art…

Started by Connie Weber

0 Nov 14, 2008

FREE 8th Grade Tech Assessment at NECC

Hello everyone! I've been trying to convince my boss to let me give away our new product, SimpleAssessment: Student Technology Proficiency,…

Started by Lisa

21 Sep 5, 2008
Reply by Tomell Walton

Free Assessment @ NECC

Hello! If you are reading this, you have probably read one of my other posts explaining that my company will be giving away a student techn…

Started by Lisa

0 Jun 27, 2008

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service