All Discussions Tagged 'debate' (10)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

What do US colleagues think of this NY times article?

Hello colleagues! I'm in Australia where there has been a heated debate on using laptops in Public schools and how that can impact learning…

Started by Vivian Mat

0 Sep 9, 2011

High School Collaboration

I am interested in collaborating with another high school online for a trial or debate based on literature or modern events.  Anybody out t…

Started by Michele Lattanzio

2 Apr 20, 2010
Reply by Michele Lattanzio

Global Debate

I teach a high school debate class (non competitive) for seniors only. We have one to one computing in our senior academy. I am looking for…

Started by Mark Arnold

1 Dec 27, 2009
Reply by Or-Tal Kiriati

Create Debate and Rubrics

I would like to explore the use of rubrics and a new tool called Create Debate. I have set up a debate between sharing a rubric before or a…

Started by Wayne

0 Oct 26, 2009

Suggest a Question to Be Answered by the Panelists of the debate at NECC

NECC is drawing closer and with that the buzz around the Oxford-style debate is growing. The topic, “Bricks and Mortar Schools are Detrimen…

Started by Joseph Corbett

1 Jun 18, 2009
Reply by Joseph Corbett

Rethinking Current Events With Newsvine

If there is one thing students and teachers despise it's clutter. One way teachers create clutter is asking students to print out a curren…

Started by Andrew Marcinek

0 Apr 14, 2009

Current Events online discussion

Hi everybody! I wanted to tell my fellow SS teachers about my website at SEEdebate.org. We are a non-profit, free, free from advertising c…

Started by Meghan Connelly

1 Mar 13, 2009
Reply by Dr. Nellie Deutsch

DEBATE AND RHETORIC FLAT CLASSROOM

I am looking to create a flatclassroom like project with middle school students. The goal would be multi-faceted: 1) create a tool that fu…

Started by Audrey Hill

0 Aug 26, 2008

Embed UStream channel into wiki?

Has anyone ever embedded a Ustream channel into a wiki before? I want to stream a debate between a group of my students and a group in Conn…

Started by Ginger Lewman

2 Jan 12, 2008
Reply by Ginger Lewman

Brittanica fires a salvo at Web 2.0--Rebuttal?

Hey, all, My school librarian forwarded the following message to every faculty member K-12 this morning. I haven't pursued the links in th…

Started by Scott Merrick

3 Jun 13, 2007
Reply by Connie Weber

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service