All Discussions Tagged 'internet' (47)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Issues Raised In Frontline: Growing Up Online

On January 22, 2008 FRONTLINE aired a program called Growing Up Online.FRONTLINE producer Rachel Dretzin investigated the "risks, realities…

Started by Andrew

10 Jun 22, 2008
Reply by Lisa Thumann

What do you do to convince the parents?

The media works hard on sensationalizing the pitfalls for students using the internet and naturally many parents shut down and keep their c…

Started by Lorna Costantini

11 Jun 11, 2008
Reply by Gerald Ardito

Custom Searches for Educational Content on the Internet

I have been experimenting with creating custom search engines (using Google's CSE tool) for educators/parents/students. I've started with 2…

Started by Shuchi Grover

8 Mar 15, 2008
Reply by Shuchi Grover

Call for participants in Internet Safety Collaborative Project

http://protecht.wikispaces.com/ Purpose: Clearly, technology is drastically transforming our lives. With all of the good that technology…

Started by Scott Meech

0 Dec 3, 2007

A is for Amazon: How young can you start a child learning the Web?

If we're going to be educating school children, college students, and adult learners in the realm of Web 2.0, is it a good idea to introduc…

Started by Tim Blackburn

1 Aug 14, 2007
Reply by pete whitfield

"Mapping a Medusa" article in Science News

In Science News, June 23, 2007, there's an article that provides a new simile for us as we try to conceive of what the internet really is.…

Started by Connie Weber

0 Jul 2, 2007

Forums as PD

My colleagues and I have spent some time recently with Social Studies teachers from 2 other local high schools as part of a professional de…

Started by Christopher Potter

1 Apr 13, 2007
Reply by Steve Hargadon

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service