All Discussions Tagged 'literacy' (38)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Using Glogster to teach parents about Web 2.0

I'm moving a discussion started in the introductions area so that others who are interested can follow if they want. I've been trying to c…

Started by Kami Mulzet

2 Apr 6, 2009
Reply by Kami Mulzet

"Orchestrating the Media Collage" by Jason Ohler, in Educational Leadership

"Orchestrating the Media Collage" by Jason Ohler, in Educational Leadership Here's an article people may find thought-provoking as we thin…

Started by Connie Weber

0 Mar 16, 2009

New Literacies Institute, Sumer 2009

The Internet and other Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) have redefined learning and literacy in the 21st century. How shou…

Started by John Lee

0 Feb 2, 2009

Math & Literacy--Connections that Help Kids

How can math educators and literacy educators pool their knowledge and experience on student learning in their field to elevate student ach…

Started by Carolyn Greenberg

17 Jan 7, 2009
Reply by Carolyn Greenberg

Helping parents teach their children to read

Does anyone have any online examples of resources on how to help parents teach their children to read? Are there any teacher tools availabl…

Started by Lorna Costantini

12 Dec 17, 2008
Reply by Roma

Write about School 2.0 for Journal of Media Literacy

I'm editing a special issue of the Journal of Media Literacy on School 2.0 - how media will transform education in the 21st century. If you…

Started by Martin Rayala

2 Dec 12, 2008
Reply by Tom Liam Lynch

Adding new subject areas

I noticed there was no • literacy • reading challenges and all that encompasses • home school area. In the sidebar. "At risk" covers so m…

Started by Nathan Ketsdever

1 Dec 11, 2008
Reply by Steve Hargadon

Having fun while helping kids decide: Can you trust what's on the Web?

Use this 4/1/07 BBC video as an icebreaker when teaching information literacy and digital citizenship. It will prompt a great conversations…

Started by Jane Krauss

10 Nov 27, 2008
Reply by Mike Romard

Seeking feedback on new Web 2.0 educational website

Hi everyone, I'd like to invite you to try out our website, Pixton.com. The premise is, anyone can create comics without having to draw.…

Started by Clive Goodinson

13 Oct 29, 2008
Reply by Clive Goodinson

Collaborative e-zine. Primary years class creating an e-zine, please join us

http://collaborativee-zine.wikispaces.com/ This is the wiki we are using for our e-zine. My class are going to start adding articles this…

Started by Louisa

0 Oct 14, 2008

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service