All Discussions Tagged 'math' (102)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

How Do You Do Yearlong Planning of Your Math Course?

Greetings, all. How do you do yearlong planning for the math course you teach? I feel like this is a gap in my skill set. I have read Und…

Started by Z

3 Sep 14, 2009
Reply by Joel Garcia

Wikis in the Math Classroom

Okay, I have an idea but I have come across a hurdle. I am looking for a Wiki which is math friendly where it is relatively easy to write a…

Started by Bridget Perry-Gore

11 Aug 31, 2009
Reply by Cory Sheldahl

Points vs. Learning

I've been throwing out this idea to a few of my colleagues: "Are we encouraging students to 'cheat' by assigning points to homework?" Becau…

Started by Matt Townsley

16 Jul 14, 2009
Reply by Matt Townsley

wolframalpha.com ... "the end of human thought" .. I like it.

wolframalpha.com On twit this week they tagged it as the end of human thought, but they were just being cheeky. What do math, chemistry,…

Started by Geoff St. Pierre

17 May 31, 2009
Reply by Steven Carpenter

The Wonderful World of Cabri - A Video using the geometrical program Cabri

I'm a math teacher in middle school, in Florence (Italy). This year I've been using the dynamic geometrical program Cabri with 11-years ol…

Started by Maria Carla Palmeri

0 May 26, 2009

Factoring polynomials -- help an English major!

I have a math teacher colleague who wants to make some changes. The school is trying to tie learning to broad themes that all teachers can…

Started by Tom Welch

6 May 8, 2009
Reply by Tom Welch

Online Precalculus

I just joined - excited about collaborating! I am getting ready to redesign an online Precalculus course. Right now, there is no text book…

Started by Jodi Holzman

1 Apr 15, 2009
Reply by Mark Cruthers

Playing Video Games to Learn pre-Algebra and Algrebra! Our students love it!

Back in the Fall, I completed a thesis on the effect of a video game, Dimension-M, in one of our middle schools. The students are still gam…

Started by Lucas Gillispie

8 Apr 6, 2009
Reply by Nancy Bosch

Sketchup for Math in Middle School - 1

Hi, I'm a math teacher in Florence, Italy, Middle School. For the first time I've been using Sketchup with 13-year-old students to introdu…

Started by guzman

13 Apr 3, 2009
Reply by guzman

Math Curriculum

I teach 3rd grade and am looking for a math curriculum that is available on CD rom. We have activboards and use them all the time. I alread…

Started by Lezlie Harris

6 Mar 23, 2009
Reply by Lezlie Harris

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service