All Discussions Tagged 'oss' (11)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Open Source Quia equivalent?

I'd rather host my own. It doesn't have to be very fancy. Moodle does much of this, but it is too much and cumbersome to use just for makin…

Started by Steve O'Connor

4 Nov 20, 2011
Reply by Charlie Wilken

Elgg 1.0 Coming Very Soon

I've been holding back on working with elgg for the past few months because the developers have been working on a vast overhaul of how it w…

28 May 20, 2010
Reply by Sam Moore

Favorite Open Source Software

I am trying to expose my colleagues to great open source (or otherwise free) software. So far they use or have access to Moodle, Audacity,…

Started by Teacher K

52 Mar 20, 2010
Reply by Clive Roberts

Operating systems: Which OS is best in the classroom?

With the proliferation of web 2.0 apps, it seems that the operating system is becoming less and less important. Most modern OS's can run mo…

Started by Jeff Hyson

48 Mar 29, 2009
Reply by Anne Pemberton

Elgg 1.1 Released

The free and open source social networking software, Elgg, has just been updated to version 1.1. I've been working with Elgg since August,…

5 Feb 3, 2009
Reply by don buckley

Upcoming Meeting for Nikamo Language Software

Nikamo is a project to create a free and open source language teaching software. Any language group is able to add their own language files…

Started by Kevin W

0 Jan 20, 2009

One-Way Listserve needed

I'm in need of a FREE listserv service where we can send out messages to about 500 of our organization's members, but that it's only one-wa…

Started by Ginger Lewman

1 Dec 13, 2008
Reply by Tim Frichtel

Elgg 1.0 Released

The Elgg developers just released their code for Elgg 1.0! As usual, lot's of info on my blog. You can try it as a user on my test instal…

0 Aug 18, 2008

Elgg 1.0 update: SVN release and public beta

The folks at elgg have been making great progress toward the release of Elgg 1.0. They announced a release date of August 18, along with so…

2 Aug 17, 2008
Reply by Steve O'Connor

Sharing and preserving ur digital history

I am often at a loss at the approach many schools take with regard to digital portfolios and digital artifacts within the classroom. Whethe…

Started by ICT CinC

0 Aug 3, 2008

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service