All Discussions Tagged 'parent' (20)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Building a Partnership: 5 Parent-Teacher Conference Tips

Researchers continue to underscore what common sense has always told us: Parental involvement (or lack of) impacts student success. Sinc…

Started by Karen Cameron

0 Mar 6, 2013

Going Paperless: Podcasting your Student Progress Reports

As you know, students aren’t always the most reliable couriers. Sometimes “Friday” folders come back with a parent’s signature, sometimes n…

Started by Karen Cameron

0 Feb 19, 2013

Parents and Common Core

Hello all, As a mother of two and one struggling academically and socially with learning disabilities, I'm seriously concerned about the i…

Started by Sylvia

0 Oct 14, 2012

Illinois Gifted

Several years ago, Effingham had a strong parent group that supported gifted education. Its leader, Jessica Rommel, and the group were a Pa…

Started by IAGCGifted

0 Jan 13, 2011

Illinois Gifted

Several years ago, Effingham had a strong parent group that supported gifted education. Its leader, Jessica Rommel, and the group were a Pa…

Started by IAGCGifted

0 Jan 13, 2011

Use Facebook to Connect with Parents

One of the hardest things to do is communicate with parents. Matt Montange and I have created a group on Facebook that we think will help b…

Started by Lorna Costantini

5 Nov 27, 2010
Reply by Madison Snyder

Acing Parent-Teacher Conferences - cool article. Ideas?

Wanted to share this WSJ article: Acing Parent-Teacher Conferences. Thought Zaslow did a terrific job of capturing the broad conversation a…

Started by VolMom

0 Oct 7, 2010

How do you use parent volunteers?

I'm leading a free webinar on Strategies for Boosting Parent Involvement (parent volunteering) on Live Classroom 2.0 at noon EST today - pl…

Started by VolMom

0 Aug 21, 2010

Illinois - March 7 Parent Advocacy in Aurora

Here is an announcement from our friends and colleagues at The Packer Foundation Scholars Program Aurora University and Fearn Elementary E…

Started by IAGCGifted

0 Dec 30, 2009

If you could only recommend 1 online resource to a parent, what would it be and why?

I'm putting together an parent resource page for my school. I'd like to go beyond the typical collection of links, but am not exactly sure…

Started by Patrick Kutkey

16 Sep 20, 2009
Reply by KuF

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service