All Discussions Tagged 'privacy' (14)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Funding opp/CFP: Announcing the Trust Challenge, the fifth HASTAC/MacArthur Foundation Digital Media and Learning Competition

************PLEASE DISTRIBUTE WIDELY, APOLOGIES FOR CROSS-POSTINGS*********** CFP: Announcing the Trust Challenge, the fifth HASTAC/M…

Started by mdailey

0 Jul 17, 2014

Schools Monitoring Students' Social Media

I read an interesting article about a school district in California hiring an outside firm to monitor the social media of students: http://…

Started by Kelly Cisco

0 Sep 22, 2013

2009 word of the year

Somebody just mentioned at a workshop by Steve that the 2009 Word of the Year is: unfriend. unfriend – verb – To remove someone as a ‘frie…

Started by Roland Gesthuizen

3 Nov 25, 2009
Reply by Kev

Security, Privacy and Web 2.0 Tools

I'm working on an article/talk about how school districts can add and allow new technologies on their networks while maintaining effective…

Started by Karen Henke

9 Nov 7, 2009
Reply by Jeff Dionne

Student Privacy

I am using Edublogs to create a class blog that links to student blogs this year. I am wondering if anyone can show me a Student Internet…

Started by Robert Barker

12 Nov 2, 2009
Reply by Sherry Ingram

Rules of use for Student Photos

At my school, we're working through some issues related to privacy and responsibility. Can you please share what you rules/guidelines are f…

Started by Damianne President

10 Oct 13, 2009
Reply by Nancy Bosch

Safe use of Web 2.0 and Facebook

Hello, I have questions for all of you! I am teaching a semester long class called Computer Literacy. The class will meet every day for 55…

Started by Eric Henry

2 Sep 6, 2009
Reply by Berta Hayes Capo

Has Your Twitter/Jaiku Rss Feed Been Hijacked?

Some would say there’s something narcissistic about googling your name. However, it’s a good idea occasionally to see what appears on the f…

Started by SusanTsairi

19 Jun 10, 2009
Reply by Kiwi Commons

What would you do? Yet another lesson on internet safety? Talk to the parents?

While checking out a fairly new social network for teens, I stumbled upon the user page of one of my 6th grade elementary students. The pag…

Started by SusanTsairi

23 May 5, 2009
Reply by Kiwi Commons

Looking For Internet Safety Lessons

I'm looking for examples of Internet safety lessons to do related to any of the following topics: identity and privacy, computer security,…

Started by William Kist

20 Apr 30, 2009
Reply by Bernadette Roche

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service