All Discussions Tagged 'reading' (74)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Free online resources to share

On my blog there are two posts you may want to check out. Under the label online games you will find free interactive reading websites for…

Started by Michelle Breum

6 Mar 9, 2010
Reply by Michelle Breum

2nd Grade Reading Buddies

Hi, We're looking for another 2nd grade class to read and discuss the same book through Voicethread or Skype or we're open to other ideas.…

Started by Faith Shabat

8 Jan 23, 2010
Reply by Mary E Collins

How do you deliver Phonics instruction?

What phonics programs do you use that have proven successful? Do you use any online Phonics programs? why or why not? Has anyone used Readi…

Started by Katherine Burdick

4 Dec 25, 2009
Reply by James Edward Charles Webber

Why Not to Read Outloud, According to Richard Peck

This month’s newsletter from Notes from the Horn Book (Volume 2, Number 9) has quite a controversial statement from author Richard Peck. In…

Started by Mark Pennington

4 Dec 25, 2009
Reply by Jessica Eitzen

A Christmas Carol

I'm teaching the play version of A Christmas Carol to my 8th graders. We are "acting" it out as we read with some minor props and costume s…

Started by Dan Cox

3 Dec 13, 2009
Reply by suehellman

Feedback on SAT Vocab Videos

Hi everyone! I'm running a community service project @ MIT trying to get kids to make videos about SAT Vocabulary BrainyFlix.com. I was lo…

Started by Jack

2 Dec 1, 2009
Reply by Lindsey @SmartEd Services

Looking for Online Book Club Participants

Trying to start an "online book club" for 4th-6th grade classes. This would be centered around books read aloud to the entire class 2-3 tim…

Started by Ben Curran

1 Oct 2, 2009
Reply by Abaca Sim

Collaborative Story Project

Looking for classes (grade 2 or ages 7-9) to participate in writing a progressive story. It will be done through shared writing and the sto…

Started by Karen Ditzler

3 Sep 18, 2009
Reply by Marek Bennett

Meeting of the Minds: In-Class SSR

Years ago, Steve Allen hosted and moderated a terrific television show titled Meeting of Minds. Steve resurrected some of the greatest thin…

0 Sep 7, 2009

Teacher Modeling in Independent Reading

Years ago, Steve Allen hosted and moderated a terrific television show titled Meeting of Minds. Steve resurrected some of the greatest thin…

0 Aug 29, 2009

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service