All Discussions Tagged 'security' (12)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Role based Access Control

I spoke about this in the past. Its now a reality. Brevardschools.org now has implemented RBAC!   What this means: All our staff will have…

Started by George Grachis

0 Aug 2, 2011

Internet Security

I am building an Internet Security lesson. Is anyone aware of online games that teach lessons about spam, spyware, etc.? Would welcome idea…

Started by Millis High School

6 Mar 12, 2011
Reply by Heidi Siwak

New Book using fast pencil.com

Has anyone else out there used fastpencil? I found it to be an enjoyable collaborative tool!   I just published my first book on fastpencil…

Started by George Grachis

0 Feb 4, 2011

How do you the handle risks associated with protable technologies

In light of some incidents I've heard about, I'm wondering how people/schools address risks associated with portable technologies. Check ou…

Started by Chuck

0 Nov 20, 2009

Security, Privacy and Web 2.0 Tools

I'm working on an article/talk about how school districts can add and allow new technologies on their networks while maintaining effective…

Started by Karen Henke

9 Nov 7, 2009
Reply by Jeff Dionne

Safe use of Web 2.0 and Facebook

Hello, I have questions for all of you! I am teaching a semester long class called Computer Literacy. The class will meet every day for 55…

Started by Eric Henry

2 Sep 6, 2009
Reply by Berta Hayes Capo

NetOp a good option for teaching and security improvements in the classroom?

Some of you may have heard of NetOp as a new solution to security problems and teaching obstacles in the school/classroom. Has anyone tried…

Started by Studica Skills

7 Jan 5, 2009
Reply by Mark R

Bluetooth

Hello! Can anyone suggest any good & free (!) apps/sites that would allow students to bluetooth messages images etc in to my laptop at…

Started by dave garland

2 Dec 10, 2008
Reply by dave garland

Student Laptops and Network Security

Student laptops are prohibited in our school because of security concerns about viruses and what-not getting on the network. Even teacher l…

Started by Steve O'Connor

4 Aug 1, 2008
Reply by Steve O'Connor

security alert; safety issues. Check this out.

Hi All, Here is a note I got today. It's news to me, although I've been informed that the feature has been around a while. It's potentiall…

Started by Connie Weber

2 Oct 30, 2007
Reply by Matt Montagne

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service