All Discussions Tagged 'writing' (78)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The Benefits of Free Writing

Free writing, or "stream of consciousness" as it is also known, can be an aid to writers who wish to help creative ideas flow and write bet…

Started by Marina Popova

2 Feb 16, 2023
Reply by ruhail12

"Who Can Do My Project?" - DoMyProject.Dev

Who can Do My Project? This is a question that has surely passed numerous lips especially by those who are faced with the task of writing a…

Started by Marina Popova

1 May 12, 2021
Reply by Cristopher Lemmy

Free e-Comments Chrome Extension

Here's a freebie that just might make life a bit easier for teachers this fall… I just released a new free comment insert program for Googl…

Started by Mark Pennington

1 Dec 3, 2019
Reply by Mark Pennington

How to Write an Administrative Resume Cover Letter

The main thing to remember about a cover letter is that it is supposed to be a simple introduction to you and your resume. This means that…

Started by Marina Popova

0 Sep 16, 2019

Transcription vs. Free writing

This is an update to my earlier post (http://www.classroom20.com/forum/topics/typing-speed) on typing instruction and CCSS. As I am researc…

Started by John Garrett

1 Jul 27, 2017
Reply by Jayashree Iyer

The Most Effective Ways to Avoid Plagiarism

Dear colleagues, how do you teach students to detect and avoid plagiarism? Do they understand how to cite sources and make a research? This…

Started by Leona Hinton

4 Jun 5, 2016
Reply by Jayashree Iyer

BoomWriter's Storytelling Camp

The wonderful educational Web 2.0 site for Writing is offer kids to write along side Diary of a Wimpy Kid author, Jeff Kinney this summer.…

Started by David Kapuler

0 Apr 25, 2013

Dear Elvis, How Do I Teach Critical Thinking?

Last week we read an article in the Huffington Post suggesting that 93 percent of employers agree that "a candidate's demonstrated capacity…

Started by Karen Cameron

0 Apr 18, 2013

Are you providing effective feedback? Or are students ignoring you?

How much time have you spent responding to student essays over the years? Probably more time than you’ve spent sleeping! Providing effe…

Started by Karen Cameron

2 Apr 15, 2013
Reply by Karen Cameron

When words aren't enough: Reinvent expository essays with Tildee

If you’ve spent time in the classroom, you’ve probably experienced a breakdown in language. Perhaps you were trying to explain a difficult,…

Started by Karen Cameron

0 Mar 27, 2013

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service