Microsoft has announced a teacher network that sounds an awful lot like Classroom 2.0... :)

"Microsoft Corp.'s Innovative Teachers Network (ITN), a new online forum that promotes the exchange of ideas and methods on how best to incorporate technology into the classroom effectively..." http://www.eschoolnews.com/news/top-news/?i=51777;_hbguid=1fc9f28d-...

Sounds like they've been testing it with a limited audience for some time. Is anyone using it? How does it compare with what we've been doing here? Can Classroom 2.0 be nimble and agile enough to serve needs that the efforts of Microsoft and other large companies are beginning to produce?

Imitation is certainly the sincerest form of flattery:
--
Within the network, educators can create their own communities, start discussions, and collaborate with other educators who have similar interests. And because of that, it is very much user-driven, Cullinane said. Users can initiate threads and conversations...

"At the end of the day, people want friends," Cullinane said. "No matter what your job is, it's great to know there are other people out there with the same challenges, concerns, and opportunities."
--

So, can CR 2.0 survive such a competitor? What can we do that will continue to make this a unique place for educators?

Views: 79

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I looked around and didn't see anything there that's not done as well or better here, Steve. Then again, I'm also partially competitive :)

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service