My name is Mackenzie Proe and I am a student at Millis High School, Millis, MA. I am taking a web 2.0 class this year and I am trying to find different ways to apply web 2.0 in the classroom. I have chosen A.P. Calculus as my subject, and I am looking for any insight as to how web 2.0 can help students learn objectives faster and better. An A.P class is mainly on how to take the A.P. test and score to get college credit. With this in mind, there are many deadlines that teachers have to follow with a specific curriculum. If anyone has any ideas about how we can use technology in the classroom to further our understanding that would be great!

Tags: 2.0, a.p, calculus, class, exam, in, web

Views: 127

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A Canadian math teacher named Darren Kuropatwa has developed a wonderful blog called "A Difference." Darren has his students use many of the different Web 2.0 tools in order to develop a deeper understanding of math content. It's not only important to know how things are done but it's important to know why they are done in the ways that they are done. Such understanding would invariably promote excellence in any curriculum, including AP.
thank you very much for that! I will definitely look at that link! I think that will be of great importance to my research!
Creating a class wiki where everyone searches the net to find the best site to use for review. We do something similar in my class except each student has to create their own page. Check them our here.
in your wiki, do you actually do class assignments, or is it just there for extra help for students? Is it something that you do at home, or do all the students have computer access in class?
I have not had them do assignment yet but I am working on a way to do that. We mostly worked on the pages in class but they could work on them whenever they wanted. We had about a week to finish them.

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service