The story of how the Daraja Academy got started and funded and ready to admit students is a long one, and one that even I am not too clear on. I will let Jason’s work tell his own story of how he and his wife single handily started a school where girls from the slums of Nairobi will cultivate a community of individuals with a sense of cultural awareness, social conscience, and environmental responsibility, all while instilling talents that will enable them to open doors to a global society.

My job is to use my network & web presence to share Jason’s dream with as many people as I can. To learn more please click here...

Views: 76

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you very much for posting the link to your blog here. It's definitely worth clicking on the link.
Thanks for sharing Jason's vision, when will the girls start or have they already? I certainly admire anyone who would teach in such a remote environment.
He and his wife are going over this summer and hope to start enrolling in January. Contact them for more info. They will be happy to share.
If you want to hear Jason tell the story himself, you can listen to a podcast interview in which he speaks with 3 students from the Woodside Priory School about the school. The podcast is called the "Global Issues Initiative" and you can check it out here.

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service