Thursday: Live Interview with Cheryl Hewett, Hewlett-Packard Education Market Development Manager

On Friday April 11 at 9:30am (PST), join LD Live! host Melinda Pongrey, Educational Consultant, and members of the HP education group. The topics of discussion for the weekly on-line radio talk show will be the recently announced HP 2133 Mini-Note PC (Photo) and the development of the the Teacher Experience Exchange, an on-line community sponsored by the company and Microsoft that will provide educators with a one-stop resource to discuss, share and learn with other educators.

An introduction video about the HP 2133 Mini-Note PC produced by Notebooks.com

If you can't attend the live broadcast, post your questions to the HP educational group on this thread. The podcast of the session will be posted on my Classroom 2.0 profile.

Tags: broadcast, compuers, group, hp, laptop, ld, microsoft, notebooks, one-to-one, podcast, More…teacher

Views: 280

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

-No Wi-Fi?
This really detracts from the suitability to most classrooms. In particular it is a barrier to schools wanting a product that they can roll out in any classroom without the need for an ethernet cable for every student.
-The $US499 mentioned in the video is a little disingenuous given that this is for the Linux version. Linux may be a great operating system for some but in most education systems Microsoft rules the roost.
-2 hour battery life for the standard model? Also not ideal in a classroom setting.

Looks nice though.

Engadget created this spec sheet on the different HP 2133 Mini-Note PC configurations. Wi-Fi is there. NOTE: The $549 model is actually the $499 unit.

The biggest complaint from the tech press is the Mini-Note uses the 1.6GHz Via C7-M processor instead of the upcoming Intel Atom.
My mistake! I misread the review I found.

2kg seems heavy for the size of the thing.
I want it all ;) and like all gadgets the 'perfect solution' is always just around the corner and just when you think it has arrived there are other features you want it to have.
Is the mini-note available for sale in Canada?
What do you expect ship times to be?
Hi Cindy,

The HP 2133 Mini-Note PC is available now in Canada.