Classroom 2.0 Live Chicago will be held at the University of Chicago Charter School's North Kenwood/Oakland Campus on November 7 and November 8.

We are planning on using one of our charter school campuses called North Kenwood Oakland charter school. It's around the corner from a neat arts center called Little Black Pearl. My colleague, Nichole Pinkard, runs a MacArthur-funded digital media after school program for our middle school students and she just built out a space in LBP for this purpose. It hast 4 or 5 plasma stations where people can connect laptops and give small presos, a larger presentation area with flexible seating, and a couple of other rooms which house a SMARTboard and a digital recording studio.

My idea is to start the Classroom 2.0 event on Friday afternoon with kids (our students, Lab students, kids from CUIP schools or anyone else for that matter) showing off their work in an informal, drop in scenario. We'd have a pizza dinner there and then after dinner, adults and kids could present ala Pecha Kucha style (20 slides, 20 seconds per slide). See: http://www.pecha-kucha.org/. On Saturday, we'd expand and have events in both LBP and in the actual school which is a block away. People can move back and forth between each space; plus LBP has a nice café. I'm also thinking of approaching a few vendors to see if they will sponsor meals and snacks.

Send me a message if you're interested in helping to plan and execute this unconference!

Tags: Chicago

Views: 18

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service