Our district elementary teachers wrote some goals in technology for this year. I need some help on these two: software, and any examples would be helpful.

1. Learn methods to apply DAM strategies, in particular as DAM relates to document & picture files, including tagging.
2. Acquire desk top animation skills so students can use them to create a product demonstrating learning.

Views: 157

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My class has been using The Gimp, free open source software, to animate fish in an aquarium. They will be uploading their products in a couple of weeks. We are taking a break as we learn to use new tablet PCs. You can read about what I'm trying to do on that blog post and see if it is anything like what you are trying to do. We're going to put the finished GIF files on a wiki.
Ann,
I ama k-8 compiter teacher what age level do you think Gimp would be good for? I haven't tried it yet.
Hi,
I do an animation unit for each level I teache k-8.

My Kindergarten use Elephant , and Doodle Splash up

1st/2nd I use Shidonni and Kerploff

2nd, 3rd, 4th- Fluxtime Animation

4th and 5th Video Mash-Up ,Junior Mivie Maker and Photo Story.

6th on up. Cam Studio , Windows Moviemaker,

Zimmer Twins

Fuzzwich

Digital Films On-line Create your own cartoon movie right in the browser. Hadd background, character and type in text. Yiu can even add a music track.

Make a Silly Movie Online

Create A Film Documentary about animals

You can download Photostory and Flustime Animation. The others are browser based. I oftern have the big kids do a screen capture for the little ones. We tag according to subject are and childs initials. For example my second grade just fisinhed using Shidonni to make a digital story. They drew their animals-the character, drew the background-the setting, and then animated their animal to eat. so when we captured with cam studio we tagged by LAkr1g Language Arts, KR students initials, 1g=1st grade teachers initial.

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service