Have a quote that resonates? Share it here!

Views: 696

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Memory: a child walking along a seashore. You never can tell what small pebble it will pick up and store away among its treasured things. --Pierce Harris
Think occasionally of the suffering of which you spare yourself the sight. --Albert Schweitzer
The true meaning of life is to plant trees, under whose shade you do not expect to sit. --Nelson Henderson
Life has meaning only if one barters it day by day for something other than itself. --Antoine de Saint-Exupery
What you see and hear depends a good deal on where you are standing; it also depends on what kind of a person you are. --C.S. Lewis
If I had an hour to solve a problem and my life depended on the solution, I would spend the first 55 minutes determining the proper question to ask, for once I know the proper question, I could solve the problem in less than five minutes. --Albert Einstein
Similar to another attributed to Abraham Lincoln:

If I had eight hours to chop down a tree I’d spend six hours sharpening my axe.
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. --Charles Darwin
I love this quote because it refutes the argument used by many who uses violence or manipulation to survive.
On 'Change'

If there is a touchstone to human attitudes that touchstone is change. How nations, how businesses, how men and women come to terms with change is a measurement of themselves.

Michael Edwards in 'Back from the Brink' p27
Everybody can be great because everybody can serve ... You only need a heart full of grace, a soul generated by love. And you can be that servant. --Martin Luther King Jr.
Language. I loved it. And for a long time I would think of myself, of my whole body, as an ear. --Maya Angelou

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service