Have a quote that resonates? Share it here!

Views: 696

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It seems in every interaction there is something to learn if we can only see ourselves as students. If we can humble ourselves, and allow ourselves to see the world without our own beliefs and dogmas, then we could see so much beauty awaiting us in each moment. --Sukh Chugh
For the person for whom small things do not exist, the great is not great. --Jose Ortega y Gasset
Compassion is not a relationship between the healer and the wounded. It's a relationship between equals. Only when we know our own darkness well can we be present with the darkness of others. Compassion becomes real when we recognize our shared humanity. --Pema Chodron
First you need only look: Notice and honor the radiance of Everything about you ... Play in this universe. Tend All these shining things around you: The smallest plant, the creatures and objects in your care. Be gentle and nurture. Listen ... --Anne Hillman

To be truly radical is to make hope possible, rather than despair convincing. --Raymond Williams

To be the agent whose touch changes nature from a wild force to a work of art is inspiration of the highest order. --Bob Rodale

Most people don't recognize opportunity when it comes, because it's usually dressed in overalls and looks a lot like work. --Thomas Edison

Keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps a singing bird will come. --Chinese Proverb

Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth. We are happy when we are growing. --Willliam Butler Yeats

Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you're right. --Henry Ford

Our intentions -- noticed or unnoticed, gross or subtle -- contribute either to our suffering or to our happiness. Intentions are sometimes called seeds. The garden you grow depends on the seeds you plant and water. Long after a deed is done, the trace or momentum of the intention behind it remains as a seed, conditioning our future happiness or unhappiness. --Gil Fronsdal

The truth is that our finest moments are most likely to occur when we are feeling deeply uncomfortable, unhappy, or unfulfilled. For it is only in such moments, propelled by our discomfort, that we are likely to step out of our ruts and start searching for different ways or truer answers. --M. Scott Peck

If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change. --Wayne Dyer

It is not enough for the teacher to love the child. She must first love and understand the universe. She must prepare herself, and truly work at it. ... The real preparation for education is the study of one's self. --Maria Montessori

There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those. --Michael Nolan
When we let go of yearning for the future, preoccupation with the past, and strategies to protect the present, there is nowhere left to go but where we are. To connect with the present moment is to begin to appreciate the beauty of true simplicity. --Jack Kornfield

Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree. --Martin Luther King Jr.

We cling to our own point of view, as though everything depended on it. Yet our opinions have no permanence; like autumn and winter, they gradually pass away. --Chuang Tzu

Besides the noble art of getting things done, there is the noble art of leaving things undone. The wisdom of life consists in the elimination of non-essentials. --Lin Yutang

Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow. --Melody Beattie

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined. As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler. --Henry David Thoreau
Sometimes a breakdown can be the beginning of a kind of breakthrough, a way of living in advance through a trauma that prepares you for a future of radical transformation. -- Cherrie Moraga

I believe you have something invaluable - the perspective that comes from inexperience. The world needs your inexperience. It needs you before you accept the status quo, before you are plagued by the knowledge of what is impossible. --Wendy Kopp

Education is much more than a matter of imparting the knowledge and skills by which narrow goals are achieved. It is also about opening the child's eyes to the needs and rights of others. --Dalai Lama

Our time here is magic! It's the only space you have to realize whatever it is that is beautiful, whatever is true, whatever is great, whatever is potential, whatever is rare, whatever is unique, in. It's the only space. --Ben Okri

Most people never run far enough on their first wind to find out they've got a second. Give your dreams all you've got and you'll be amazed at the energy that comes out of you. --William James

Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear. --Ambrose Redmoon

We cannot live for ourselves alone. Our lives are connected by a thousand invisible threads, and along these sympathetic fibers, our actions run as causes and return to us as results. --Herman Melville

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. --Mark Twain

A new kind of mind begins to come into being which is based on the development of a common meaning that is constantly transforming in the process of the dialogue. People are no longer primarily in opposition, nor can they be said to be interacting, rather they are participating in this pool of common meaning, which is capable of constant development and change. --David Bohm

Insight, I believe, refers to the depth of understanding that comes by setting experiences, yours and mine, familiar and exotic, new and old, side by side, learning by letting them speak to one another. --Mary Catherine Bateson

Smell is a potent wizard that transports us across thousands of miles and all the years we have lived. --Helen Keller

Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use. --Earl Nightingale

The discovery of song and the creation of musical instruments both owed their origin to a human impulse which lies much deeper than conscious intention: the need for rhythm in life ... the need is a deep one, transcending thought, and disregarded at our peril. --Richard Baker

I do not know what I may appear to the world; but to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the seashore, and diverting myself now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me. --Isaac Newton

Sitting quietly, doing nothing, spring comes, and the grass grows by itself. --Zen Proverb

I am a kind of paranoiac in reverse. I suspect people of plotting to make me happy. --J.D. Salinger

There is more than a verbal tie between the words common, community, and communication ... Try the experiment of communicating, with fullness and accuracy, some experience to another, especially if it be somewhat complicated, and you will find your own attitude toward your experience changing. --John Dewey

There is a fountain of youth: it is your mind, your talents, the creativity you bring to your life and the lives of people you love. When you learn to tap this source, you will truly have defeated age. --Sophia Loren

We are at times too ready to believe that the present is the only possible state of things. --Marcel Proust

Writing is an adventure. To begin with, it is a toy and an amusement. then it becomes a mistress, then it becomes a master, the it becomes a tyrant. The last phase is that just as you are about to be reconciled to your servitude, you kill the monster and fling him to the public. --Churchill
The real problem is not whether machines think but whether men do. -- B. F. Skinner
Change has a considerable psychological impact on the human mind. To the fearful it is threatening because it means that things may get worse. To the hopeful it is encouraging because things may get better. To the confident it is inspiring because the challenge exists to make things better.
King Whitney Jr.
Kevin, I'm thinking this should be part of our "new" mission statement. (smile)

"Let us not look back in anger or forward in fear, but around in awareness." -James Thurber
‘Genius is seeing what everyone sees but thinking what nobody else thought.’

'Some men see things as they are and ask 'why?'; Dare to dream of things that never were and ask 'why not?'
Similar to Genius:

Innovation is about doing the obvious, first. (by me)

on asking Why? A similar one attributed to GBS:

You see things and ask 'Why?' But I dream things that never were, and say 'Why not?'
"I never teach my pupils; I only attempt to provide the conditions in which they can learn"
--- Albert Einstein

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service