I haven't checked in here at Classroom 2.0 for a while. I have been wrapping up the school year -- all the craziness that goes with that. Anyway, I decided to read Grant Wiggins and Jay McTighe's Understanding by Design for my professional development this summer, and I began blogging about it. Some readers were interested in reading it, too. We set up a wiki to collaborate and share (especially to get feedback on unit and curriculum designs). I wanted to invite anyone who is interested to participate; it's not too late!

In case you're wondering about the Web 2.0 or Classroom 2.0 applications, I issued a challenge to all the participants to construct at least one unit that uses Web 2.0 tools (I'm refining one right now).

Tags: ubd, understanding by design, wiki

Views: 129

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nice job Dana. I learned about UBD a couple of years ago. Many of the teachers had a difficult time grasping the change in process in designing a unit. You are doing such extensive writing about the topic. I think teachers could learn a great deal from your resources.
Thanks for the reference. I added it to my (always growing) list of future buys.
I used UbD this last year when I completely rewrote three curriculum units for my intro to computers class. Focusing on student's understanding is key especially in schools today that focus too much on testing.

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service