I've just spent a very intensive 3 days translating Ning to Hebrew, so that hopefully I will be able to use it in school. It's more or less done, bar some new privacy features which came out after I received my version of the code and a few gliches caused by the neccessary directionality for Hebrew.

If there is anyone here who has a good understanding of css, I could really do with a helping hand.

For my part as soon as the translation is 100% I will make it available to the ning community and of course will credit those who helped make it possible.

http://inhebrew2.ning.com

Tags: customization, hebrew, ning, rtl, translation

Views: 8

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wow. I am impressed, Susan.
Thanks Steve, now my biggest problem is the google text ads, which for some reason don't filter out unsuitable content for Hebrew (at least unsuitable for the school environment)
Susan,

Bravo! Exactly what web 2.0 is about, the small making the big happen. Little steps going big places and people sharing to make a great learning community. Not the big guys running in and just setting things up and then asking for money......bravo.

I wish I knew Hebrew :) But my family is Jewish from way back, as you might tell if you know some German and know the significance of my name, "Deubelbeiss". Much like the origins of those other Germanic Jewish names which are purely hate filled "labels" given by the higher ups [I'm thinking Streisand - the small hairs on a horse's arse, Of course, Ostertag, Easter Day. also Greenspan, the poison from a spoon left in mayonnaise. and so on....] Free teaching materials to anyone who can guess the meaning of my name ........

Again, great work.

Shalom,

David

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service