I have some students who want to make a video that would "require" rotoscoping. Can anyone recommend a fairly inexpensive source for rotoscoping software? I've seen a "free" rotoscoping software download, but free downloads often end of costing in other ways...and I'd rather not go that route.

Has anyone used rotoscoping in their classroom?

Tags: download, software, videos

Views: 482

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi there-

As it happens... I'm currently running an international collaborative rotoscoping project. Fancy that! You can find all about the project at http://www.carrotrevolution.com/rotoball.

On the site, I've recommended people use either Adobe Flash or Photoshop CS3, but any software you're comfortable with is fine. You can also find an explanation of how to rotoscope using those programs there. Hopefully that will be helpful!

Also, if you're interested in having your students join us, you'd be more than welcome, so far we have 11 schools from around the world involved (9 around the US, 1 in New Zealand, and our school is located in Shanghai).

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service