Any articles and research on "The effect Web 2.0 tools have on students' writing"?

I writing an Action Research paper for my CAGS program on the effects Web 2.0 tools have on student writing.  I am searching for resources that explain how it affects the writing.  I would really like articles geared towards elementary students.  If anyone can lead to some good articles to use for research it would be greatly appreciated.

Tags: 2.0, Web, elementary, writing

Views: 145

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have some great first hand experience with using web 2.0 tools to develop student writing. I have some first hand accounts of many positive experiences. I can't think of any articles in particular. I publish a newsletter in my district. In my most recent posting i focus on technologies that support the writing process. It can be found here:

I also write about experiences on my blog at http://blogs.jefftwp.org/wordpress/walker

I can answer any questions that you may have.
Doug,
Thanks a lot for the information. I am going to look through you blog for information I can use. Of course I'll give you full credit. I'm really looking forward to the digital storytelling. I just purchased a couple Kodak Playsports and can't wait to use them.
Once again thanks again.
Jonathan
I have done versions of digital storytelling with my middle school students and they loved it. I had them work on recreate kids book and native american legends for our elementary and primary students as readers and read alongs.

Here is a link to some research on the effects of blogging in the elementary classroom.

"Collaborative Blogging as a Means to Develop Elementary Expository Writing Skills."

http://ejite.isu.edu/Volume6/Drexler.pdf

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service