Anyone using Microsoft Surface or a SmartTable in their classroom?

I'd like to get in touch with anyone who has a SmartTable or Microsoft Surface table in their school or classroom. Here is my blog post to give you an idea of what I mean:
http://tinyurl.com/mdqulv

Views: 107

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Lynn,
We have been using SMART Tables since Jan. in our elementary schools and would be happy to share our experiences.
Sara
Hi, Sara.

Thanks! I have a couple of questions. What age group of students are currently using the tables?

Where are you located?

Lynn
We are located in Davie County, North Carolina and currently have two tables that are rotating between kindergarten through forth grade. The tables have spent the most time in second and kindergarten, but we have seen all grade levels interact. One of the tables has even spent time in our High School self contained classroom, where the students had a wonderful time since the table provides immediate feedback for touch and concepts.
I'm in Union County, NC. Did your district use ARRA funds for the tables?
I am a the second grade teacher that was able to have a beta table in my classroom. We worked with smart using the table starting last Jan. I currently still have a table in my room. The kids are loving it! I have attempted to upload a video showing the student engagement, but it is not wanting to upload. I'll make another attempt on Monday while at school. Sara and I presented at the Concord Regional SMART User Conference in NC yesterday. I think we met some folks from Union County.
Video is attached! :)
Thanks for the reply. Where did you attach the video?

Lynn
Sorry I'll try again...it may be to large ...
Hi Lynn Marentette
I am venkat shall i know the approx cost of Smart Table and this will be very useful for kinder garten and elementry class students and once again thank u for giving this idea to learn more things.and your immediate reply will be highly appriciated.

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service