I'm looking for some ideas to make field trip learning a better extension of what we do in the classroom. I have some thoughts about combining digital storytelling or even photojournalism as a way to document the experience, but I'm hoping for more than just a video that rehashes what students did while on a field trip.
I'm also looking for some ideas for incorporating technology. I have thought about having students use their cell phones or digital cameras to document their experience, but I'm wondering if anyone else has other ideas, or what other people do to build on what happens on field trips.
I would appreciate any comments you care to share.
Thanks!

Tags: digital, field, learning, storytelling, technology, tip

Views: 76

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Beth,
I think it depends on the age of your kids and the field trip. I like to ask kids questions beforehand - that require them to search for the answers on the field trip, or give them some type of task or scavenger hunt to complete while they are at the field trip. Also, I like the idea of having kids take pictures with the purpose of downloading and putting the pictures into a story or multimedia combination. They can put their pictures into Comic Life, powerpoint, a newsletter and write comments. There are so many creative teachers out there. I hope you get more responses.
Faith

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service