My school is contemplating purchasing several Epson Brighlink Projectors to be used in our lower elementary grades.  We do not have smart boards, and are thinking this might be a good alternative.  Has anyone used these projectors in your school?  What do you see as their benefits?

Thank you so much for any insights you might be able to share.

Kim

Views: 201

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm not sure if they are the Brighlink model- but we use Epson projectors at my school for our document cameras and for the classrooms with SmartBoards.  Make sure you price the bulbs because they do not last forever and we are having a hard time replacing the bulbs with our budget at this point in the year.  Also, make sure you clean the filters- if you don't the bulbs can overheat and shorten their life expectancy. 

I have noticed 50 to 55 inch LCD TVs on sale for under $1000. LCD life is about 100,000 hours. Projector lamps are typically 1000-4000 hours and cost from $150 to $300 dollars. 

If you want interactivity, get an iPad and install an app such Splashtop Remote to control a computer connected to your TV. You could also buy an Apple TV to wirelessly share what is on your iPad. Another solution similar to using Apple TV is to purchase the Reflection app (I believe it works only with a Mac) or a windows based solution. 

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service