I would love to use Google Docs with middle school students. I think the collaboration would be a great learning experience. There are hurdles that I need to figure out. For students to get a Google account they have to be of age to have a binding contract with Google. Any ideas?

Tags: Google, collaboration, middleschool

Views: 148

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We used Google Docs with a middle school science class and because they were working in pairs, were able to create generic science student accounts (nsascience1, nsascience2, etc) to create presentations. We are re-using these accounts this year. The age factor was an issue, so I'm looking forward to seeing other solutions so that we can continue to use Google Docs.
I like your idea of using generic accounts. How did you set them up? It looks like you need an email to set up an account. Can you help me?
We used Google Apps w/ out Middle School students and to comply w/ CIPA compliance we used Gaggle which filtered all gMail. It was $3.00 a student.

More info can be found here...

https://www.gaggle.net/googleaps.html
Could you have their parents set up the accounts?

more info on uses:

www.teachingwithgoogledocs.blogspot.com
Hi Janet.
I believe Google Docs also allows editing of documents (depends on the settings) without signing in. This would allow anyone with the url to go in and make changes, so depending if you are looking to track, or if you are worried about who's editing the document, this can be one way to provide them quick and easy access without having an account.

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service