The question: which do you prefer for group editing- Google docs collaboration or Word Track Changes?

The reasons to use Google Docs are numerous. So far I feel like the only significant weak point is in the area of collaborative/group editing. Word's Track Changes seems to be superior.

What am I missing?

Please share your strategies for using Google Docs for group editing. Thanks.

Tags: docs, editing, google, group, word

Views: 266

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Google docs, hands down. In most cases word can only be used one person at a time. I don't know the downside of Google docs. Some tips are to designate different people to work on different pieces at different times so you're not overwriting one another's changes. I often create spreadsheets and have various people work in various cells or tabs. Or, in word I may create a table and assign different cells to different people at various dates/times.
As a Technical Trainer I like Google Docs over the other lesser known product because of all the documentation on how to use it available online. The Google User Group community is also a great resource when trying to work thru difficult, hard to diagnose issues.

Google Docs, and Google Docs for Education, is a good, low cost alternative to Microsoft Office for K-12 classrooms. Some users are familiar with using Google Docs at home, making the transition to using it in the classroom easier.

The one drawback, and it is a big one, is that students must have Internet access at home to take advantage of the collaboration aspect of Google Docs.

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service