I'm interested in starting a ning for my A.P. U.S. students. I'd like to use it over the summer to give us a head start into next school year. I was planning on giving them the text book and inviting the students in the class to join a ning which I have already set up for the class. I also have a wiki which I used this past school year which I'd like to incorporate. I'm looking for creative ways to use these tools. I do plan to use the forum to post questions for each of the chapters I assign, but I'm not sure how I want to incorporate the wiki. I used it last year for my students to develop a class set of notes, but it got really boring very quickly. Any ideas for some more creative ways to use it? Any ideas for fun activities for summer assignments/next school year?

Tags: A.P., History, Wiki

Views: 82

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Eileen,

I recently worked on a tutorial for our faculty on using wikis and collected a lot of different resources on the tool. I thought this one might help you out, it lists a bunch of ideas for using wikis in different subject areas, including social studies: http://www.teachersfirst.com/content/wiki/wikiideas1.cfm.

What other ways were you planning to use Ning for the class?

-Elisabeth
Awesome site! Thank you for posting!

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service