how to capture learners interest to focus on the activity during the session

im clement setumo a student- teacher in FCTVE, im doing a action - research on the above mentioned topic, i want you to help me with tips and poits to use when doing my research. i will like to help me points that can contribute to the above mention topic,

Views: 50

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've found that there is no better attention-getter than using media from pop culture.
That's definitely a great strategy! Have you seen The Week in Rap? It's a good one!

Also, I think any time learners have something to produce, it helps. If a child has to create something rather than just sitting there and receiving knowldge, that child is often more engaged. I find this is especially true when students use technology to make that product. If you're able to give kids a one-to-one tech experience (i.e., every student is creating a podcast), their focus is much less likely to waiver.
Students will be more engaged if the activity (I am thinking that by activity you mean task?) is at their level. The activity or task needs to be a challenge but not so challenging a student becomes frustrated and lose focus. Too easy and students will lose focus as well. Look for ways to adapt the activity to meet different learning styles, preferences and levels.

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service