Your Name and Title: Kate Fanelli, teacher

School, Library, or Organization Name: Beacon Day Treatment

Co-Presenter Name(s): none

Area of the World from Which You Will Present: Canton, Michigan, USA

Language in Which You Will Present: English

Target Audience(s): classroom teachers interested in gamifying their classrooms

Short Session Description (one line): Learn how to gamify any classroom and hear about my experiences and results after five years of gamifying (and counting)

Full Session Description (as long as you would like): Are you interested in gamifying more of your lessons for the upcoming school year?  I will share real-school examples of how gamification can be applied in a classroom without special tools or technology.  Five years ago, I began gamifying the general education mathematics curriculum in my special education setting using free and inexpensive materials commonly found in classrooms.  I will show how gamification helps my struggling students overcome learning challenges, and improve attendance, continuity, motivation and skill attainment.  I will explain how I got started and show how you can get started, too.

Websites / URLs Associated with Your Session: katesmathland.blogspot.com

Tags: 2.0, classroom, classroom2.0, classroom_2.0

Views: 627

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Your Blog is very interesting and has captivated me. I only learnt about gamyfing classrooms a week ago but I am ready to transform my practice. 

I am new to Classroom2.0, when you say "I will share real-school examples of how gamification can be applied in a classroom...." What do you mean? Will you share your ideas in this web? or somewhere else?

Thanks.

When I say "real-school" examples I mean I will share examples of how this has actually played out in my classroom over the last five years.  I will share them during the webinar as part of the Learning 2.0 Conference.  I suppose I could post the powerpoint at my blog.  I hadn't really thought about other places I should be sharing this information.  I hope you can participate in this webinar, but if you can't, you can always message me through Classroom 2.0 and I can get you the information some other way.

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service