Internet access solution for 25 students visiting Malaysia for 3 weeks??

Hi folks,

I'm working with a school who will be sending approx 25 students to Malaysia for 3 weeks. The students will be split over 3 schools. Students will have access to MacBooks that they will take over. What would be the most effective means of them gaining Internet access through their computers? I don't want to rely on the host schools providing a connection. We also have access to an Airport Extreme. Suggestions and experiences appreciated. They are staying in a small city which I cant remember right now. They would be using the connection for blogging with photos, communicating to their families at home and also doing some research.

Thanks in advance,

Jason

Views: 64

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wow! What a great opportunity for your students!

We're looking at a similar issue -- we want students to have Internet access while doing scientific research in the field, on the bus, etc. We're thinking about getting a mobile hotspot to use -- we looked at both AT&T and Verizon, but Verizon seemed to have more options, with monthly contracts (non-profits and public schools get a discount). It's my understanding that one of the options can support an entire class of students -- it's called "Cradle Point." I'm not sure whether Verizon has service in Malaysia or if there would be additional international or roaming charges, but it might be worth a look.

Good luck!

Katy Scott

Stretch Your Digital Dollar

Thanks for your rely Katy, I forgot to mention, we're from Australia but you gave me  the idea of contacting Australian providers and seeing if they offer a service. Even if they don't they'd probably have some ideas. 

Thanks,

Jason

Let us know what you decide on, Jason. Your solution could definitely come in handy for some of our programs here.

Thanks!

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service