You can use this forum to introduce yourself or ask a question.

Views: 519

Replies to This Discussion

Hi, Stacey! Great to have you here. Hope you find some good help here in Classroom 2.0... :)
Hi Stacey. My name is Melissa, and I also taught writing at the seventh and eighth grade levels. This is my first shot at using Classroom 2.0, as I am currently on child-rearing leave, but am very interested in keeping current with ed tech. Have you been successful in finding resources with Classroom 2.0 to capture your writing students' interests? Do you have any favorite tools or tips?
Hi Everyone,
Im new to this Classroom 2.0.
It was introduced to me as a platform for ppl to share the different pedagogies in teaching using Web tools.
I have a question or perhaps a few :)
1. Is there any sharing on the subject Design and Technology? (it does not seem to have anything that is related to this subject here)
2. Does anyone here heard of VoiceThread? is there any substitue for it which is free?

Please advise! Thanks
Hi, Low! I don't know about the Design and Technology bit--did you use the search boxes tpward the top of the right column? If you search for VoiceThread here, you're going to find some really huge fans... including me! I don't know of a free version, but do you know about their educator deal?
Hi,

I teach at an all-girl Catholic high school in the Detroit area. I was told about Classroom 2.0 by my colleague Bryan Jeffreys. We are three-quarters 1:1 this year, and next year every student will walk into class with her own laptop. I've done one project with audio files, and I use Moodle quite a bit for posting links, articles, and for the students to upload assignments.

Next year I hope to expand the use of the laptops in my classroom. I hope to experiment with some kind of collaborative project on wiki pages in at least one of my classes. I think this is a place that I will be able to get some ideas and maybe some advice!

I am experimenting with blogging just to get the experience, but my blog is just a collection of reflections and not about tech in the classroom (http://annsangles.blogspot.com).

I can recommend, however, the blog of one of my colleagues, Larry Baker (http://larryrthoughts.blogspot.com/). He's been doing a lot of research and experimenting and has many good thoughts to share.

I am looking forward to what I may learn here, and eventually I hope that I can contribute as well!

Ann
Great to have you here! I think you'll find a lot of kindred spirits working on the 1:1 stuff! Sounds like you'll be able to contribute your experiences as well!
Hi Everyone!

I'm Simon, a recent college grad. I'm now working at a startup that's developing an online group collaboration tool with the education community in mind. I'm hoping to learn more from everyone in this community about what people in the education community (teachers, administrators, etc.) are looking for in an online group service.

I'm excited to be here and to learn from everyone, and I think it's awesome that Classroom 2.0 was created for people who care about incorporating new technologies in the classroom!
Hello Steve, et.al.,

I teach at-risk teens at an alternative school in Taylor, AZ. It's pretty rural, and most of our kids don't have a lot of technology available to them at home. I'm looking for ways I can help them get the most of our school resources.

Rich Hall
Hi everyone, great to meet you all. My name is Adam and I am lecturer in Education at The Australian Catholic University in Melbourne, Australia. I have been receiving the Classroom 2.0 emails for months but only took notice of them a few weeks ago when I took part in the online discussion about students mentoring teachers. And it was fantastic. Not only was it fascinating to be able to talk and listen to educators from around the globe but it put me in touch with a number of teachers and schools here in Australia that I am now building relationships with in terms of pre-service teacher education, 21st century learning and personalised learning.

I am currently writing an online unit for my tertiary students next semester that is focusing on the Learning Space, with particular attention being paid to the Web 2.0 environment. All of my students will be Classroom 2.0'ing and Ninging by the end of the semester!

I would be really grateful if members could direct me in towards resources that may help me with rebuilding schools for the 21st century, learning spaces beyond the classroom and the electronic learning space.

I can't wait to start using this site on a regular basis.

Adam
Hello Steve and all you classroom 2.0 members.

I take care of eLearning in Bayer Thailand. I am new in eLearning and I am happy to know you all.
I installed Moodle in company intranet and will run the online Excel course as the pilot.

And love to learn and share with you all.

Best regards,
Jeeradate k.
Hi All, My name is Leanne Mclean and i am new to teaching, and live in Sydney Australia. I was directed to this Ning through a professional development day and have been a silent watcher for a number of weeks now. Today i have accessed one of the seminars "The Future of Online Learning" with Susan Patrick (iNACOL) & Dr. Thomas Cook.

I am just loving the quality and the community this group of people are offering, and slowly as i continue to learn and grow in confidence i am looking foward to being a part of it all.

Leanne McLean
I have developed a new web 2.0 application (LectureTools, http://www.lecturetools.org/) for use in class. The reason I created this application was I wanted to significantly expand the kinds of questions that clickers allow to include free response, association, ordered lists, and image-based (so far) . With LectureTools students can also take notes synchronized to lecture slides, draw on and save the instructor’s lecture slides, pose clarifying questions that can be answered asynchronously by a teaching assistant during class or after class and self-assess their understanding during lecture.

We're conducting research on how this tool affects attentiveness, engagement and learning and would welcome other instructors to try it out. It will always be free for instructors to use and it is also currently free for students. [Caveat: We do anticipate we'll someday charge students about $10 a semester to use this (the price is intended to roughly equal the cost of a clicker)].

If/when you do try it out I would really welcome your feedback. The system is designed as a framework that can easily add new functions so your comments will be welcome.

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service