You can use this forum to introduce yourself or ask a question.

Views: 519

Replies to This Discussion

I have been referred to this site by my Education Technology class. I am a Drama teacher in Northern Arizona. I am loving learning about technology and all that the internet offers.
I am a fifth grade teacher and am just scratching the surface of learning about using blogging and wikis in the classroom. I am having a hard time figuring out where to begin a systematic self-tutorial about the subjects and how to use it in the classroom. In addition, I recently received a federal grant for peer coaching and want to know some good first steps to share with others along my journey.
Good afternoon. I teach in Wichita Kansas and have been in the classroom foru about 4 years. I use wikis and a SMARTboard but know there is so much more out there. I am trying to figure out how to set up a twitter-type project for my kids when we work on the Constution Convention using Madison Notes and some secondary source materials. Has anyone done a project using twitter that would let me pick their brain?
Hello all, I am Deb Rottinger and I have a split job as a web designer/programmer and a teacher of F2F computer science classes (web design, programming, applications, Flash) for our Upper School. I love to teach technology and feel my teaching is enhanced expotentially teaching with technology. I was quite successful using an online discussion group at my old school (I am one year at my new school) and have experiemented with using WIKIs this year. Sorry, I used google sites, not wikispaces ;)

I have been using a website to enhance the classroom experience for at least 8 years now, I would really miss the flexibility this mixed environment gives both me and my students - not to mention the reduction in paper passing! I am looking forward to getting good ideas from this community to add collaborative elements to both me and my students "toolboxes".

Sorry I will be unable to attend the "unconference" as I will be attending an all day CSTA symposium on Saturday. I do plan on joining the post conference get together. Hopefully someone can show me how to better visually enhance a free wikispaces page like I can do with relative ease in google sites.

BTW, I have enjoyed several of the Elluminate sessions. Well worth the time in the evening!

See ya at NECC!
Hello Everyone, I'm Trisha Nelson and I'm so glad I've found your group. I am new to all this and need all the help and information I can get. So thanks for letting me be a part of this group. I look forward to collaborating with you.
Sincerely, Trisha
Greetings Colleagues,
I am a staff developer for a K-12 district. I've been a member of this site for a few months, but am so tech-challenged, I didn't even know what questions to ask. Now that I've read many posts here, and follow some tech-savvy educators on twitter, I've learned so much. This week I launched a professional development Ning for our teachers so we can do summer reading together and not have to meet. I have run into some difficulty with my district's tech department. They are concerned about the privacy statement that members are required to agree to to join. I have made the ning private. I am just wondering, have any of you experienced this kind of difficulty and if you have any suggestions to calm their fears? Thanks for providing a place to ask these questions!
Mary Rodger
Hello everybody at Classroom 2.0

I'm a math teacher at Pomfret School in CT and very excited to be part of this community. The last couple of years have been very hard professionally because I felt like I was going nowhere and I was getting tired of doing the same things over and over in my classes. Recently I opened a Twitter account and started following some people interested in Web 2.0 and technology integration in the classroom. I've been reading a lot of blogs on the subject and on PLN also. Now I feel like the summer before my first teaching job. Excited and looking forward to start using some of the new ideas I've been reading about in the blogs and forums. I can't believe it took me this long to find sites like Classroom 2.0. I'm back in the game!

Javier
Hi everyone! I am fairly new to Classroom 2.0 and exploring all the time. I teach 3rd grade in NE Iowa but have also taught grades 4-6th as well as Title 1 Reading. Excited about all the technology resources available and constantly looking for more activities for the classroom. Jumping into having a smartboard in my classroom this year as well as starting to have students blog (and myself). I have done some activities with podcasting and collaboration. Just getting into building my social network of fellow teachers through twitter. So much to utilize it is kind of overwhelming. I am sure I will have many more questions and thoughts, but I just wanted to introduce myself first.

Thanks for offering and creating this space and group!
Hi my name is Lindsi and I am a first grade teacher at Stewart Elementary school. I'm currently taking classes to get my masters and am finding it both fun and difficult! Technology is becoming a need more and more at school and I'm trying to find new and exciting ways to get my students involved. Any ideas for first grade?
Hi! My name is Sabrina Koneman and I am an elementary school teacher. I am currently working on my Masters degree through Walden University. I am taking a technology class and it is making me realize how very little I really know about the technological advances that are out there. We were required to start a blog (which I have never done) and visit some blog sites. If I am honest, I am feeling a little like a fish out of water. I am eager to learn all that I can so that I can make my classroom a place of "real-world" learning, but I want to make sure that I know what I am doing before incorporating it in my class. Also, I just found out that I will be teaching first grade this year as opposed to fourth, so I could use some ideas on how to use blogs in the first grade classroom.
Greetings Steve and Fellow Colleagues!

I am excited to be part of this learning community. One of my professional goals this past year was to begin exploring the use of technology in my teaching. I attended the MACUL Conference in Detroit in March 2009 for the first time and became very excited about the potential and possibilities for technology in the classroom. I won a digital flip video camera and created my first movie using the I Movie program on my Mac lab top. Currently, I am taking an online course through PLS entitled 21st Century Literacy Skills.

I am learning about wikis, blogs, RSS, podcasting, etc for the first time. As a “digital immigrant,” it takes me time to learn new tools, but the more I learn, the more excited I get! I just posted my first video on U Tube a week ago, which was a “watershed moment” for me. (I created an advertisement for a 21st Century School as part of a class assignment.)

As a Hebrew immersion language teacher who teaches grades one and two, I am interested in learning the best way to locate other language teachers and topics related to best practices in language teaching using Web 2.0 tools. Also I am wondering if there are any groups that deal specifically with Hebrew language and how to locate them. If you have any tips or suggestions, I would be most appreciative! What tags would be most appropriate?

Thank you for your efforts to make us “beginners” feel so welcome. I really appreciate that!

Aron Kaufman
First and Second Grade Hebrew Teacher
Hebrew Day School of Ann Arbor
Ann Arbor, MI
USA
Hi everyone,

My name is Randy Berndt and I am a special education teacher in Wisconsin. I am learning about Web 2.0 through a class I am taking. The amount of information available is amazing ... or is that overwhelming. Thanks for letting me part of this group. I look forward to your insights.

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service