I'm teaching a 6 week leadership class to high school seniors this school year.
Any suggestions on books to reference, lessons to teach.etc. Is there anyone else doing this type of class?
I want incorporate wikis and other 2.0 technology also.
Thanks in advance

Tags: Leadership, seniors

Views: 34

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"Do Hard Things" by Alex and Brett Harris is an excellent book on exceeding expectations. They also have an awesome website: http://www.therebelution.com/dohardthings/
Thanks I checked it out and it looks like a great resource.
I agree with the book jrsowash recommended.

What do you think about 7 Highly Effective Habits for Teens?

I love your idea for a leadership class for seniors. Six weeks seem like the perfect amount of time. Have you put an outline together yet? Thought of any collaborative projects?
Haven't put an outline together yet but I do want to do collaborative projects. I'm still in the early planning stages. Any thoughts?
The book, No Condition is Permanent.
I teach a leadership class to 8th graders. We use the book, The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens, by Sean Covey. You can find lesson plans to complement the book on the internet. There is also a workbook that complements the 7 Habits book with plenty of lesson ideas.

Hope this helps! If you want more info, feel free to contact me thru this site.
Thanks. I will use that book for the second half of the course later in the year. Were there any lessons that went over better than others with your students? Were you able to incorporate any technology into the lessons?
Thanks again.
Habit # 2 is my favorite! Goal setting and visualization stuff...I'll try to send some stuff your way about lesson plans...

I haven't been on this site in a while...Good luck
An oldie but goodie---Getting to Yes It's about negotiating.

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service