I recently came across a few long-standing blogs that never crossed my path during my Google searches, and I was thinking that a Classroom 2.0 discussion about blog-sharing might be helpful, since we are members of "the social network for educators using collaborative technologies".

If you have a blog you'd like to share, either your own, or one that you'd recommend, post a reply with a link to the blog, the author's name, the focus of the blog, and perhaps a few words about why you find it interesting or useful.

Update: Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/lynnmarentette
Here are my blogs:

TechPsych
Interactive Multimedia Technology

I have another blog that I use to post my reflections about what I'm learning in my mid-life journey as a computer/tech student:
The World Is My Interactive Interface

(I changed the name of the blog to reflect my current topics.)

Update 6/15/10
It has been a very busy school year!  The exciting news is that one of my schools has a multi-touch SMARTTable, and every classroom has an interactive whiteboard.  The teachers worked very hard to ramp up their IWB skills and I'm amazed at how quickly this interactive technology was adopted.    Of course, interactive applications and websites are pretty awesome on a huge screen or display!    The best part is that this technology has opened up the minds of a good number of students with severe autism characteristics.

In April, I participated in a workshop at ACM's 2010 CHI conference. The topic of the workshop focused on the next generation of human-computer interaction and education.

I also joined the SparkOn group, "a social platform for people that are sparked (inspired) by creative and emergent technologies"

Tags: 2.0, Classroom, blog, blogging, collaborating, edublog, networking, odiogo, sharing, social, More…technology, web

Views: 1662

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Teaching and General Education Blog: Phaedrus

Writing and novel blog: Trader's Diary (my new media experiment)

Archived blogs that I've left behind but maintain for the history and resources:
Cognitive Dissonance
Old Cog Diss

I have a couple others scattered around. Some have my name on them. Some do not.
Thanks for asking!

I have a blog on my podcast site www.masterymaze.com which is designed for teachers and students. I discuss and highlight topics which I think are of interest to the users on my site who are generally teachers and students at the middle and high school level. (We are very close to 100 registered users so check us out and help push us over the top! ) It is intended to be informational and of interest to both groups in our learning community. If I want to write about more serious topics, I do so here or on other Nings. Because I have students on my site (about 50%), I keep the content of interest to everyone. So far, so good... Anyone interested, please visit and join. We will soon be opening the site to teacher uploaded content as well. We are always looking for teachers with similar work who would like to share. Right now all registered users can post comments in the Blog, Subjects, or Forum, although student comments are moderated.

Thanks for the opportunity to share.

Sue P aka The Maze!
Masterymaze looks interesting! I'll explore more of it soon.
Hi Lynn
I like your thinking about sharing blog information. I am finding it quite time consuming trying to find others who are blogging about educational things I am interested in. So, I am in the process of setting up an Edubloggers directory that will allow everyone to search the directory based on useful information such as education sector (primary, secondary etc), country of blogger and descriptive tags about the blog content. Hope you will be signing up!
Patricia
My blog: http://pdonaghy.edublogs.org
Patricia, the directory would be great! I'll sign up. Thanks for sharing the link to your blog.

Lynn
I agree that the directory would be great. Please add my blog: http://educationaltechnologyguy.blogspot.com/
Here is my blog IntrepidTeacher.
I'm to be found @ edhocracy

jeremiah
The Cradle to Prison Pipeline video is thought-provoking. Thanks for the link to your blog.
A few years ago I started a blog for the CALL class that I was teaching. I'm not longer teaching the class, but I keep up the blog. It's mostly links to interesting ed tech-type resources, some reviews, and miscellany :)

http://iucall.blogspot.com

Dan
I just did a quick review of your blog Nick and very excited to see what you are doing. I would like to connect with you in my blog parents.ourschool.ca I am very impressed with your content. I am addin gyou to my blogroll for sure. Is there any chance that you would do a podcast with me?
Hi Lorna
Your link was off in the post. (I think the hyperlink had a missing 's' in it)
This is it, right?

http://www.parents.ourschool.ca/

I like the focus on parents.

Kevin

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service