I recently came across a few long-standing blogs that never crossed my path during my Google searches, and I was thinking that a Classroom 2.0 discussion about blog-sharing might be helpful, since we are members of "the social network for educators using collaborative technologies".

If you have a blog you'd like to share, either your own, or one that you'd recommend, post a reply with a link to the blog, the author's name, the focus of the blog, and perhaps a few words about why you find it interesting or useful.

Update: Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/lynnmarentette
Here are my blogs:

TechPsych
Interactive Multimedia Technology

I have another blog that I use to post my reflections about what I'm learning in my mid-life journey as a computer/tech student:
The World Is My Interactive Interface

(I changed the name of the blog to reflect my current topics.)

Update 6/15/10
It has been a very busy school year!  The exciting news is that one of my schools has a multi-touch SMARTTable, and every classroom has an interactive whiteboard.  The teachers worked very hard to ramp up their IWB skills and I'm amazed at how quickly this interactive technology was adopted.    Of course, interactive applications and websites are pretty awesome on a huge screen or display!    The best part is that this technology has opened up the minds of a good number of students with severe autism characteristics.

In April, I participated in a workshop at ACM's 2010 CHI conference. The topic of the workshop focused on the next generation of human-computer interaction and education.

I also joined the SparkOn group, "a social platform for people that are sparked (inspired) by creative and emergent technologies"

Tags: 2.0, Classroom, blog, blogging, collaborating, edublog, networking, odiogo, sharing, social, More…technology, web

Views: 1661

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Don't forget to check out www.edgalaxy.com one of the best resources for ICT tech, tools and toys
Here are some blogs which I would like to recommend:

1. The World of Interactivity Blog (http://interactivityworld.blogspot.com): This blog explores the state of the art of interactivity, its history and its future.

2. Interactive Learning Blog (http://learningharbinger.blogspot.com): This blog discusses paradigms and technologies that infuse interactivity in learning. Be it e-learning, classroom instruction or social learning, a learning modality must not reduce learners to bystanders.
I blog about critical thinking, student engagement, balanced literacy for middle years and high school students, educational issues and trends, and, every once in a while, something totally out of the blue. Don't tie me down, Mr. Man! It's an honor to be able to connect with fellow educators as we help move students forward in their journey.
The Learning Blog
This is a great idea, Lynn. I'm currently running two blogs. The first is my classroom blog (5th Grade), Mr. R's Digital World.

I've also just began a professional blog to discuss my experiences using Web 2.0 applications and other digital tools. It is entitled r2Classroom.

Thank you for sharing your sites!

Ryan Remien
Ryan,

I would like to try out Voice Thread. One of my schools has interactive whiteboards in each classroom, and it would be interesting to see how Voice Thread would play out on a Smartboard. Have you used Voicethread in that way?
Yes, I have! What I like about using it with SMARTboard is the rest of the class can watch as each student comments on a photo. Also, using the 'doodle tool' on VoiceThread, students can draw on the picture using their fingers as they're recording themselves!
Lynn you have started an amazing source of info...i have been reading through some of the interesting blogs and could be here all day!!

Though we do not have a blog yet, Mangahigh.com (the site I am working on) would love a link from any blogs that support math, math teachers, students in general, learning games...! We are a new site, so if you haven't checked it out please do! Also works great with smart boards etc! ;)
This is a link to the webpage of a teacher in our school, he has several blog links from this page for the different groups of students he works with. He uses the blogs to inspire students about the writing process. It's quite amazing how it has developed. Take a gander:

http://www.underhill.k12.vt.us/baronhome.htm
Hi Lynn,

I blog about ideas around group projects,namely group dynamics, project management, presentation skills etc;
www.entertheblog.com

best regards,
Sal
Thanks for the link to your blog!
Hi all, this may be of interest to anyone needing to get the word out concerning your blog, or nearly anything else. Check it out http://www.iteachtoo.com/index.cfm?go=journal.viewpublic&Journa...

If you like it, you can create your own and share the URL exactly as I have done.

Matt

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service