My HS computer classes have been blogging around the theme "We must be the change we wish to see in the world" for a couple of weeks now (as part of our Digital Citizenship unit). We are looking for other classes who would be willing to occasionally comment on our blog until the end of January. We would in turn, make comments on your blogs - like a Comment Challenge. Many of our posts embed Web 2.0 tools or are interactive.

My 8th grade students will also be participating but are just getting started and don't have any posts yet.

You can check out our blog portal at http://vcs.21classes.com

Please email me at ccassinelli@vcstudent.org if you are interested.

Tags: 2.0, blogging, exchange, web

Views: 76

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would love for my students to collaborate with your group. I teach about 50 middle school students and we just started our first blog at 21classes. Our foucs will be on "connective writing". At this point we are learning how to comment on logs, and will start writing next week. Let me know if you are interested.
Hi Sharon,
Let me know when you are ready to go. I added your site to our "Blog we should check out" list.
Colette
I have also bookmarked your page. We will get started commenting right away. Sadly, I don't always have access to computers, so our posts will be limited. I am excited about by students getting a chance to view weblogs created by more experienced users in the same plateform. So far what I see looks fantastic!!! We just did an activity on Google Forms, too! Please let ALL of your students know we are impressed here in NC!
Hi Colette. I have about a dozen Grade 8 students in a split class with about the same number of Grade 7 students. We meet twice a week for Social Studies. Is this something you can see my class doing with your students? (I know, you're probably asking me the same question...)
Sure - my kids have been blogging for just a month now and are ready for a "comment challenge". We would like to read and post comments and other class blogs. Want to try?
I'm new to all this, but I'd like to try. Where do we start? Suggestions?
I use 21classes.com. Other classes have used Edublogs or Class Blogmeister. David Warlick's book Classroom Blogging is great for beginners.

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service