Looking for resources, writers, and top blogs: "Literacy Strategies/Strategies for Struggling Readers"???

I'm looking for people who want to write about strategies for struggling readers/getting past learning challenges. (the blog is a PR 4 now and is increasing. I believe it gets 5-10k unique visitors a month). This is growing quickly and becoming a resource to both parents and students. If you want to help struggling readers and their parents and are a good writer, this is a great way to use your skills.

I'm also looking for the top websites, blogs, and resources in this area??? I'm an educator and social media guy, but want to know what primary and secondary educators think.

If you already blog in this area, please feel free to drop your own URL in the discussion.

Thanks for all your help! Have a great week!

Views: 46

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Take a look at the archive in Angela Maiers' Blog. She has a lot of old posts, resources and presentations on this topic.
Thanks Sue. Other suggestions? C'mon teachers... :)
One of the best resources I have found is Tools for Reading, Writing, and Thinking. I also need resources in this area, and will be following your forum. Can we get the url for the blog you referenced?
Oh...sorry. Thanks Sharon...

http://www.k12reader.com/

It covers:
• Content Area Reading
• Dyslexia
• Parent Tips
• Phonemic Awareness
• Phonics
• Reading Comprehension
• Reading Fluency
• Sight Words
• Struggling Readers
• Vocabulary
• Tutoring
• Writing

It also has word search puzzles and a word search maker.

Suggestions, additions, and all feed back is welcome. Thanks!

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service