Looking for video clips demonstrating constructivist math instruction in elementary grades...

Hi All -

I taught grades 2-4 in Boston from 1995-2004. I now live in DC and just earned a doctorate in Ed and Teacher Leadership from the University of Pennsylvania.

Currently I'm working for a wonderful organization called Center For Inspired Teaching. One of the programs that Inspired Teaching runs is a 2 year residency program where candidates work toward professional certification and a masters in education.

I am mentoring the elementary teacher residents and I would love some advice on where I might find some resources.

Right now, I'm looking for some video clips of what effective math instruction looks like in elementary (grades 1-4) classrooms.

Let me know if you have any tips!

Thanks!

E

Views: 175

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My newest math discovery is JUMP Math - Junior Undiscovered Math Prodigies!

All teacher resources - manuals - are online and free.  Excellent video clips available in reasonably priced webinars.  I am currently teaching an after school program for elementary students using the Fractions Introductory Lesson - which, is also available for free to teachers.

Check it out! 

Oooo-sounds great, thanks, Melinda! I'll check it out tonight!

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service