Does anyone know of a good way to teach probability using technology?  I enjoy teaching the subject but feel my students could understand more if I was able to integrate some technology.  I teach high school, so I am looking for material geared towards that age group.

Views: 143

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The best technology I know for this is "D&D dice."

The cube (six-sided) are so common that they don't grab any attention, but toss in a 4-side and a d-20 and then ask them to play with them. Will they learn anything?

Heh. What're the odds?

There's not much out there.  I've found three activities.  Click on the following link to go to the math section of my web site and click on "Probability".

http://www.covenantworks.com/Bouncy-A/Math/index.htm 

How about determining the odds of the technology that worked perfectly when you tested it, not working when the class begins?  Just a thought. :)

Do you have links to some tools for dice / coin simulations?

I have a Diigo list for Stats & Probability - see the Tools and Calculators section.

See also the WaldoMaths site which has some excellent applets in both the 11-16 and 16-19 categories.

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service