When the sky is a perfect shade of blue and the sun is bright, it's impossible not to feel positively giddy about spring in your classroom. Students will excitedly peel off their winter coats and wooly boots so they can freely run around the playground in t-shirts or lie down in the newly growing grass.
Spring is the time of year when you will feel inspired to spruce up your classroom. It will re-energize you for the home stretch to the end of the school year and will wake up your sleepy students after a long winter.
The best ideas to spruce up your classroom are usually the simplest ones. There are lots of creative DIY ideas on the Internet that are both cheap and easy to make.
Here are a few of my favourite suggestions:
1. Create a new theme for your reading area, learning center or wall display. Students will share the mot smiles and excitement to themes that are inspired by their own interests!
2. Re-design the pencil, scissors and marker holders with new labels or bright colours.
3. Hang colourful shower loofas from the ceiling for fun decorations.
4. Use wrapping paper to recover filing cabinets or bookshelves to spice them up.
5. Paint a wall border using chalkboard paint so students can practice their handwriting.
6. Use patterned ribbons to decorate the doorway.
Here is one of many sources for fabulous suggestions to inspire you to redecorate your classroom:
With so many ideas out there to choose from, where will you begin?
Please feel free to share your own ideas for spring!
Interesting post shared. It is a great activity to work upon.