When Google Wave finally releases later this year it is going to stir up things across almost every industry. It has tremendous implications for education and stands to be the most intuitive collaboration tool ever conceived. Check out my post on ISTEConnects and let me know what you think! How might this tool might shape the future of education? See you at NECC 2009 very soon!

Tags: #NECC09, Education, NECC, Technology, google

Views: 682

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Word is that Google is opening up more invites to current users... if so, and you have one available could you make one available to me? eaton.jerry(at)gmail.com

Thank you,

Jerry
I have a few left. Yours is on the way, Jerry.

Don't expect it immediately. Here's what Google says:

Google Wave is more fun when you have others to wave with, so please nominate people you would like to add. Keep in mind that this is a preview so it could be a bit rocky at times.

Invitations will not be sent immediately. We have a lot of stamps to lick.

Happy waving!
Thank you Eric! ...looking forward to waving with you and others in the near future!
Is there a Wave set for Classroom 2.0 yet? I'd love to participate. My Google Wave ID is vahidm
I've added you to a wave called "Wave in Class" -- http://bit.ly/4fySjd
Farhaad Manjoo highlights the biggest issue he has with google wave. In short - it captures key strokes in realtime. Which bumbles up the thinking process.

I've yet to try wave - and I realize that Google's still working on it - but I thought Manjoo's article interesting when it comes to education...particularly when I'm constantly reminding students to slow down and read what they wrote in their online discussion forums.
This is a feature that can be turned off, I believe.
Agree. It would be helpful if Google Wave allows switching on/off real time typing.
Silvana
How would schools adopt collaboration tools that open up the world to students while maintaining an appropriate level of online safety practices?

Would the background check requirement apply where students and non-school adults (such as a mentor from a corporation) work online on a school project?
My experience with Google Wave is VERY limited at this point. But, so far it isn't easy to connect with anyone else at all unless they already have a Google Wave account. But, the point is certainly a good one. Online safety will obviously be an issue that could be the subject of a collaborative Wave or two, once a few folks from this community get hooked on to Google Wave.
There is a wiki where you can find and add your Google Wave account so you can collaborate with other educators at http://googlewaveeducators.wikispaces.com/
Thanks for this OBE. Interesting... this wave already has 405 members. I've just "joined" the wave.

https://wave.google.com/wave/#restored:wave:googlewave.com%21w%252B...

/e

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service