Recently in one of my classes, we were instructed to use the toolbar from Diigo to bookmark several pages related to the topics of technology or education.  If it hadn't been for the assignment, I probably wouldn't have bothered to ever use the Diigo tool, but as I went through bookmarking the sites I realized that it could definitely be useful to me in the future.

For those that don't know, Diigo is a website where you can sign up and create your own library of bookmarked web pages.  You can highlight important items on different sites, or create sticky notes to remind you of your ideas.  Basically, it's a cool new way to annotate the web.

As a teacher-ed student, there are many useful websites that I wish to remember when I become a practicing teacher.  Before my ed tech class, I would have stuck these websites in my favorites folder.  But with diigo, these websites go from unorganized chaos to an organized library of sites, grouped by tags and complete with my own descriptions.

It's a great tool to use!

Tags: bookmark, diigo, tag

Views: 106

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Diego, like so many other read/write web tools of the Web 2.0 era, let people curate and reflect on the content that's so easily accessible online. Being able to find and organize it into something meaningful is even more important and Diigo is just one way to do that.

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service