I just saw a demo in New Hampshire of a new Social Network web 2.0 site... The reason I heard of them was because of a local press release. I was shocked with what these students and teachers accomplished. Has anyone else heard of them? I want this in my class and was wondering if anyone else had any experience with them.

It is a web 2.0 and totally safe within the school community. Simply beautiful..!!!!

Everything we want is right there, and no need to surf 3 or 4 different sites to get the kids involved.
Best feature of all...the kids loved it...their feedback was amazing...!!!!

Please let me know who else is using this and how has your experience been so far.

I want it...!

Thanks... ;-)

Views: 164

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What do you teach?
What is the URL for uSync? Is it public yet?
Thx!
Hi Kevin-

I believe they are launching 2nd week of August. I do not have the URL to their website yet, but I was told the website would be out next week.
I can let you know if you would like.
Teachers and students can do blogging, send attachments thru messaging, upload rich media and play it in their media player, publish projects, etc. and all this within the school's environment.

Thanks,

Isabelle
Hi. I am currently running a similar thing in my school and community, using Elgg. Early signs are very promising. The children are loving it! I would be interested in seeing what others are doing.
Not sure if you are still interested in uSync. I have been using this in my middle school since November 2010 with amazing results. I worked with a teacher from the elementary school and teamed up the students from 4-8 grade. They met their group members and had a training workshop day then proceeded to complete the whole project on their own posting and talking through uSync. And it was easy and safe as uSync is a private community within your school only. They are in the process of developing a new website and it should come online within the month. Let me know if you want any further information.

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service