What are some fun reading activities I can do with my 3rd graders?!

I'm currently a college student, going into teaching, and I'm observing a classroom of 3rd graders. I just wanted some advice on what I can do with them while they are doing their reading responses. I want to incorporate a fun activity or two while they read and write about it. Any ideas? :)

Views: 75

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have a friend who has students create Google search stories to communicate the main idea and supporting details of non-fiction texts. She also has them use the tool to summarize plot and examine characters' traits. Perhaps you could try it with your students. Here's a blog entry I wrote about Google search stories that might help.

Good luck!

Katy Scott

Stretch Your Digital Dollar

I just got back from 7 day cruise to Bahamas, St Thomas and St Martin. It was beautiful….

We went on the largest ship in the world.. Royal Caribbean, The Allure of the Seas!

I bought this book on the ship. It’s about our Captain!  I think it’s a great book for our youth! It’s about believing in yourself and your dreams!

http://www.amazon.com/Captain-Johnny-Faevelen-Fisherman-Largest/dp/8247602458

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service